Join us for an enlightening webinar where Kamil Grzybek, a leading expert in software engineering, will present an innovative approach to modernizing legacy systems using the Evolutionary Legacy System Architecture Framework (ELSAF).
When? Tuesday, September 19th at 3 PM (CEST)
What will be discussed?
1. Traditional ways of system modernization and the main problems associated with them
2. The 4 pillars of the ELSAF framework:
– Evolutionary Architecture – what to do to allow the system to adapt to changes
– Testable Architecture – how to ensure that the system still does what it should and increase team productivity
– Evolutionary code – a bottom-up approach that involves continuous improvement in quality through refactoring
– Living documentation – always up-to-date documentation, showing what the system does and how
3. The production process that enables the implementation of all modernization elements in the organization
1. The system modernization should be approached in an engineering way – this will make the undertaking simpler, more enjoyable, and less costly than it might seem.
2. The better the quality of our actions, the greater the speed. Taking shortcuts in the long run will reduce our speed.
3. It is possible to have up-to-date documentation that provides immense value – but you need to know how to do it.
4. Randomly dividing our system into microservices is not modernization – it will be even more difficult to maintain and develop. The key is modularization.
5. Modernizing a legacy system is working on a “living organism,” so the proper modernization process is crucial for success.
“First make the change easy, then make the easy change.” – Kent Beck